Cayman Islands Bankers’ Association’s COMMITTEES
Our volunteers have an important role in helping CIBA achieve its objectives. With the exception of our Executive Committee whose members are usually elected at our Annual General Meeting, employees of member institutions may apply at any time to volunteer as members of our three other committees. We believe in and welcome diverse views. Members of our committees generally find their involvement both personally and professionally rewarding.
- Assess educational needs of members and providing professional and technical training to employees of members;
- Build relationships with educational establishments in Cayman and elsewhere, in particular UCCI, public and private schools and other third party providers;
- Work with other industry associations, e.g. Cayman Finance, Compliance Assoc., Law Society, Chamber of Commerce, etc. to ensure when necessary, there are coordinated educational opportunities.
- Communicate with membership to ensure needs are met and industry concerns are heard.
- Develop membership through active programs.
- Ensure seminars/social functions are regularly arranged on topics of interest to members and the wider financial industry.
- Serve as an independent and objective party to monitor regulatory standards and their appropriateness and suitability for the Cayman Islands banking industry.
- Provide input into either any new or amended legislation impacting the membership.
- Provide an open avenue of communication on policy matters among the industry stake holders such as CIBA members, CIMA, CIG and other appropriate parties.
Care of Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce
Governors Square, West Bay Road
P.O. Box 676
Hours - Monday to Friday: 9am – 4:30pm
Telephone: (345) 949 – 0330